- Are there any benefits of
becoming a CSC Brazosport member?
Some of the benefits include:
• Discounted training costs.
• Ease of payment via invoicing.
• Access to training library.
• Online registration, view training history of trainees, etc.
- When do you open and when
can I take courses?
• Freeport Site
Monday thru Thursday - 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday - 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
• Dow Lab
Monday thru Thursday - 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Conoco / Chevron Lab
Monday thru Thursday – 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Basic Orientation Plus
Offered at 9:00 a.m. Monday through Thursday at Freeport Site only (register no
later than 8:30 a.m.)
Friday 8:00 a.m. (register no later than 7:30 a.m.)
• All Site Tests are Computer Based Training (CBT) Format
CBT courses available Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday
to 12:00 p.m. (must begin test early enough to complete by closing time).
- What time should I arrive?
You must check in 30-45 minutes before class if you are coming to the Basic Orientation
Plus course. All other CBT’s will begin immediately after registration/check-in.
Must begin test early enough to complete prior to closing time.
- I was supposed to come in
for training this morning but missed class. Can you reschedule me?
• Trainees will be allowed a 3 day window (due to extenuating circumstances)
to complete testing. If you will not be able to attend the class within the 3
day window your company will have to reschedule your training.
• Cancellations received after this 3 day window will not be honored and the
company who registered the trainee shall be charged for the course(s).
• All Cancellations must be in writing.
- I have lost my ID. Can I
still take courses?
All trainees are required to provide a government issued photo ID (State Drivers
License, State or Federal Identification Card, U.S. Passport, U.S. Military Identification,
State or Federal Department of Corrections Card).
- Do I need a Social Security
All trainees must have their Social Security number verified. This verification
must be performed by the Contractors’ Safety Council of Brazosport or transferred
from another ARSC member Safety Council that has verified the number.
- How do I replace my lost
Bring proper ID and check in at the registration desk. Replacement fee is $10.00.
- How often do I need to update
Most training courses are good for 12 months and need to be updated according to
the expiration date printed on the identification badge.
- How long do the classes last?
• Basic Orientation Plus – 5 hrs.
• Basic Orientation Plus Refresher - 1hr. 30min.
• General Computer Based Training & Site Specific Training - 45 minutes to
- What is Basic Orientation Plus?
Basic Orientation Plus is the initial course for Participants who have not worked in Petro-Chemical Industry or who have not attended this class.
This course is an instructor led class approximately 4 to 5 hours in length and offered Monday – Thursday starting promptly at 9:00 AM and Friday starting at 8:00 AM.
- How do I know if I need to
take the full Basic Orientation Plus course or the Refresher?
All first time trainees must have taken Basic Plus before being eligible for Basic
Plus-Refresher. Trainees may be allowed to take Basic Plus Refresher rather than
Basic Plus if they have taken and passed Basic Plus after 1998.
- What happens if I fail Basic
Orientation Plus or Basic Orientation Plus Refresher?
Trainees who fail either Basic Plus or Refresher may re-take the class on the next
business day, but if they fail on their second attempt, they must wait 90 calendar
days before re-taking the class/course.
- What is Site Specific Training?
Site Specific Training is a course required prior to entering into a particular plant or facility. These courses cover policy, procedures, permits, emergency signals, etc. for each individual plant or facility.